The Sensible Recovery Solution!
In Part 4, we further explored one of the techniques that you probably have in place right now and the weaknesses that you should keep in mind.
In Part 5, we will discuss the Sensible Recovery Solution which is designed to overcome the issues that we have found in the real world.
The Sensible Recovery Solution is designed to overcome the issues outlined in this series.
We were fed up not being able to supply our customers with a solution that :
How does it do this ?
1. We supply and install a Sensible Recovery Appliance (SRA) with special software at your site
2. Every byte of data that is written to your Windows server(s) on your network is automatically replicated to the SRA. It is always up to date. The SRA can also have “snapshots” of earlier times if you require.
3. In case any of your Windows servers (or a major component in them) fails, the Sensible Recovery Appliance boots up (within minutes) and becomes the server. Your network will not be able to tell the difference. There is no loss of data and no waiting for replacement hardware in order to conduct business operations as normal.
4. The Sensible Recovery Appliance fully acts as your normal server until new hardware does arrive. All normal business operations continue. (No network changes are needed at all).
5. When new hardware arrives ,we initiate a “fail-back” to the new hardware. When all of the data is replicated to the new equipment, we reboot the new equipment and tell the SRA to protect the new server.
6. If you are concerned about protecting yourself in case of a Site Failure, we can also replicate the SRA over the internet up to our Secure Data Centre “in the Cloud in Australia”.
7. In case of site or server failure:
Contact Sensible for more details.
Email Kevin Spanner: email@example.com